2020 Real Estate Courses – How to Start and Grow Your Career
The pathway to real estate education has rapidly evolved over the past two months. That much it has caused great confusion for the industry.
To address the current COVID-19 climate, laws and education requirements set by Fair Trading we have launched our 2020 course calendar, and detailed the pathways to becoming and continuing your real estate career below.
Your Journey to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in 2020
To become a Real Estate Agent in 2020 you need to:
- Get an Assistant Agents Qualification in order to apply for an Assistant Agents Certificate from Fair Trading. This must be held for 12 months.
- After working as an Assistant Agent for 12 months you can study a Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice. Once you have this qualification you can apply for a Class 2 License with Fair Trading.
- After operating under a Class 2 License for 2 years you can study the Diploma of Property (Agency Management). Once you attain this qualification you can apply for a Class 1 License.
Ready to start a career in real estate? Find a date to study the Assistant Agents Course online.
Continuing Your Real Estate Career Journey and Not Sure What License or Certificate You are Eligible For?
Out with the old, in with the new. Fair Trading has made major changes to the Real Estate industry, which will affect everyone. It is important you understand your current status and the pathway to a Class 2 and Class 1 license.
Have you held a Certificate of Registration for 12 months (prior or up to 23 March 2020)?
Yes: If you have held a Certificate of Registration for 12 months you now qualify to study the Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice and apply for a Class 2 License with Fair Trading.
No: If you have not held a Certificate of Registration for 12 months you can apply for an Assistant Agents Certificate, which must be held for 12 months before studying the Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
Ready to Study a Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice? Download our course calendar here.
In any case, if you would like clarity what you are eligible for please call us on 1300 438 538.
Fulfilling your CPD Requirements
All real estate agents are required to complete 3 compulsory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours each year (historically this was 12 points) and 3 hours of elective CPD.
Leverage Academy has approval by the Commissioner for Fair Trading to deliver your real estate CPD hours. These compulsory learning topics will be delivered through our virtual classroom:
- Real Estate Reforms, including trust account requirements (1 hour)
- Rules of Conduct (1 hour)
- Risk Management – as is applicable to the agent’s licence category (1 hour)