Has 2020 felt like a complete whir-wind only just feeling like your business is getting back on its feet, just to realise its Christmas break!
Everything is different, nothing makes sense, and like the White Rabbit from Alice in wonderland you feel like you’re out of step with your business basics.
This is a great time of year to review that area of the business that may have been left neglected due to the 2020 COVID nightmare. Lets make sure we all make it out of this rabbit hole!
- Take a moment
- Make yourself a Checklist
- Follow it.
It’s better to have structure in a business than chaos.
Alice: “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?”
The Cheshire Cat: “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.”
Where to from here? Forward! Follow the checklist below to ensure you closing up your business for the end of 2020 for a fresh start in the new year.
Here is a Checklist:
- Are you using the correct version, as at March 2020?
- Tenant Information Statement
- Exclusive Management Agency Agreement
- Residential Tenancy Agreement
- Termination Notice (COVID-19 inclusive)
- Condition Report
- Repair Register
- CPD is relevant and current for all staff?
- Make a list of all staff and ensure that they are compliant for their Licence level.
- Fire Warden – they need a current First Aid certificate.
- Have you reviewed your Insurances lately to ensure that you have sufficient and proper coverage?
- Business Insurance
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
Have you reviewed any on going contracts that the agency may have ?
- Lease for the Office
- When is the contract up?
- Is there any options that need actioning? Depending on the contract, if you don’t action the option properly, then it may not be valid.
- Lease for Office equipment
- Computers and related accessories
- Telephone system
If any of these are coming to an end, do you want to start looking for an upgrade or any changes?
Don’t forget the Tax office allowing write offs for larger items – see previous blog.