Urgent COVID-19 Tenancy Toolkit
On 23 March 2020 the NSW Parliament gave power to amend Acts by Regulation. Although the Residential Tenancy (COVID-19) Regulation 2020 (RTR) is a Regulation, it amends the Residential Tenancy Act 2010.
The RTR is the Government’s response to COVID-19 for residential tenants. What the government has done is to give special privileges to certain tenants. This means that, if a tenant does not fall within the ambit of the RTR the tenant should be treated as they were prior to the pandemic.
This COVID-19 toolkit contains a copy of the RTR, which all property managers should take the time to read, including:
- Residential Tenancies Amendment (COVID-19) Regulation 2020
- OFT Complaints Form for Tenancy
- Deed of Variation
- Rent Relief Questionnaire
- Template Letter to Tenant
- Template Letter to Landlord
- Template Letter of Acceptance
- Template Letter of Refusal